Well the girls are glad to be back with dad. Evan is busy learning to master his wheelchair and is now breathing on his own for 16 hours. He is able to sit now four hours twice a day. Evan is doing well. The kids are glad to be with their dad.
The Day Life Changed
On March 29 2010 Evan was driving to work when his tire blew which pulled him to the right and caused his Explorer to roll. He was badly injured. He broke C-5 C-6 in his neck and is now parlayed from the neck down. If the UPS drive had not been behind Evan he would of not been found until morning because he rolled off the road far enough no one would of seen his Explorer. Our life for the Evan Sleight family has been changed forever and we are now learning how to take care of Evan. This blog is to show our ups and downs on our new journey.
And the journey also contiues with our family now that it has been two years almost three. We still have our ups and downs just like all families do.
And the journey also contiues with our family now that it has been two years almost three. We still have our ups and downs just like all families do.
Evan's Explorer
The day life changed.
3-29-2010
Evan in ICU in Utah
Student Driver
Evan on the bridge at Craig Hospital
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Evan,
You are my hero! I can't believe how fast you are progressing (well yes I can). It was great to see Robyn. Congrats on finishing the Intern Program, now your officially a 'government' worker. :)We love you tons, and miss you more.
Shawn
Hey Evan and Robyn,
I'm so glad to hear about your great progress! Both of you are truly and inspiration and example for all of us. I sent an email congrats to all the recent Intern graduates and wanted to say the same to you – Congrats! I used to go to church with Nate Kippen who was among the group. Your blog has been really fun to check out what’s happening. I donated a couple of days of leave for ya. Take care and I hope to see more good news on your recovery!
Mike Driver
mikedriver@comcast.net
hey sleights! everyone misses you
over here in Utah! We Lotts miss you bunches and bunches!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brittany and Marlene, how are ya doing in Colorado without your best buddie?? I MISS YOU TONS!!!!!
how is your dad doing? i read through the notes and looked at the pictures. Brother Sleight lokks like he is doing great! luv ya all!
Cassidy Lott
Evan you are amazing. Congrats on all your achievements. Can't wait to see you. We miss you and your family tons.
Love ya.
Post a Comment