The Day Life Changed

On March 29 2010 Evan was driving to work when his tire blew which pulled him to the right and caused his Explorer to roll. He was badly injured. He broke C-5 C-6 in his neck and is now parlayed from the neck down. If the UPS drive had not been behind Evan he would of not been found until morning because he rolled off the road far enough no one would of seen his Explorer. Our life for the Evan Sleight family has been changed forever and we are now learning how to take care of Evan. This blog is to show our ups and downs on our new journey.

And the journey also contiues with our family now that it has been two years almost three. We still have our ups and downs just like all families do.


Evan's Explorer

Evan's Explorer
The day life changed.

3-29-2010

3-29-2010
Evan in ICU in Utah

Student Driver

Student Driver
Evan on the bridge at Craig Hospital

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Out of the Mouth of EVAN

We just had another conference with the doctor and it looks like we will be coming home on the 17th. They want to make sure that the drugs that they're giving me is actually regulating my blood pressure and pulse. Both of which were dropping too low. They have done a lot of tests on me and everything looks fine. The only thing contributing to be dropping too low is the spinal cord injury. It will be good to be back and see everyone. Again, thank you all for everything that you've done for us. I feel tremendously blessed.

Things are looking up. I have a small flicker in my right bicep. The muscle gets tired very quickly and will work one day and then not work for several more. By work I mean I can flex it and it will visibly move. Again, it's only a small muscle and not the entire bicep. I do have hope and faith that I will get back more movement.

No comments: