The Day Life Changed

On March 29 2010 Evan was driving to work when his tire blew which pulled him to the right and caused his Explorer to roll. He was badly injured. He broke C-5 C-6 in his neck and is now parlayed from the neck down. If the UPS drive had not been behind Evan he would of not been found until morning because he rolled off the road far enough no one would of seen his Explorer. Our life for the Evan Sleight family has been changed forever and we are now learning how to take care of Evan. This blog is to show our ups and downs on our new journey.

And the journey also contiues with our family now that it has been two years almost three. We still have our ups and downs just like all families do.


Evan's Explorer

Evan's Explorer
The day life changed.

3-29-2010

3-29-2010
Evan in ICU in Utah

Student Driver

Student Driver
Evan on the bridge at Craig Hospital

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Well things at the Sleight home have become very interesting. On Friday the 8th of October I had Knee Surgery. I had a cyst and tissue out that was bothering me. Now Evan and I are both laid up and the Kids are learning all the things I did that they did not have to do. It has been a great experience for them to learn. Evan is down right now with a UTI and is feeling like crap at this point in time. The Meds he was given for the UTI are helping he has in the past two days started to feel better. I am grateful for the wonderful children we have and there willingness to step up and help when I can not. I am also grateful for all the love and support we have of all our family and friends. Robyn

No comments: