The Day Life Changed
On March 29 2010 Evan was driving to work when his tire blew which pulled him to the right and caused his Explorer to roll. He was badly injured. He broke C-5 C-6 in his neck and is now parlayed from the neck down. If the UPS drive had not been behind Evan he would of not been found until morning because he rolled off the road far enough no one would of seen his Explorer. Our life for the Evan Sleight family has been changed forever and we are now learning how to take care of Evan. This blog is to show our ups and downs on our new journey.
And the journey also contiues with our family now that it has been two years almost three. We still have our ups and downs just like all families do.
And the journey also contiues with our family now that it has been two years almost three. We still have our ups and downs just like all families do.
Evan's Explorer
The day life changed.
3-29-2010
Evan in ICU in Utah
Student Driver
Evan on the bridge at Craig Hospital
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Miracles are happening
Well I am back with Evan in Colorado. Well I was very surprised when I saw Evan. The last time I talked to him he was up to 6 hours. Well he is now doing 13 hours on his own. He is breathing all day without the ventilator, he does use a little O2 for now but he really is doing well. The doctors tested his diaphram and it was moving to a 3. A person with no spinal injury breathes 3 to 4 and Evan is at a 3 which is very good because he was at 0 the last time they tested. So good things are happening here in Colorado. I have to thank you all for your prayers and love that is coming our way miracles are happening. I have opened a account for Evan for those of you who wanted to donate to him it is at Wells Fargo Account # is 5154491863. Again Thank you for all the love prayers and help you are giving Evan and our family. Robyn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yeah I love to hear good news!!!
I am glad that you guy's got there safely. It was so good to get to visit with you on Sunday. Tell Evan hello for us.
Way to go Evan! Keep up that great progress. Congratulations on graduating your Intern program too! WOOT!
Wow! That is wonderful! Great to hear all the positive things that are happening for you guys! Someone is looking outfor you.
Post a Comment