The Day Life Changed
On March 29 2010 Evan was driving to work when his tire blew which pulled him to the right and caused his Explorer to roll. He was badly injured. He broke C-5 C-6 in his neck and is now parlayed from the neck down. If the UPS drive had not been behind Evan he would of not been found until morning because he rolled off the road far enough no one would of seen his Explorer. Our life for the Evan Sleight family has been changed forever and we are now learning how to take care of Evan. This blog is to show our ups and downs on our new journey.
And the journey also contiues with our family now that it has been two years almost three. We still have our ups and downs just like all families do.
And the journey also contiues with our family now that it has been two years almost three. We still have our ups and downs just like all families do.
Evan's Explorer
The day life changed.
3-29-2010
Evan in ICU in Utah
Student Driver
Evan on the bridge at Craig Hospital
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Well Evan is now five hours twice a day on breathing on his own. This is 10 hours a day with no help from the ventilator. I am so excited for him. This is the only news I have for right now I am back in Utah to get the kids. Thanks again for all the love, prayers,and hope coming our way it is helping greatly. We love you all Robyn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Way to go Evan!!
Robyn, we have never met but I have known Evan since the 3rd grade. He was a good friend to me all through our school years. He would remember me as Wendi Barber. I am so sorry to hear about the accident but I am so happy to see that Evan looks great and sounds like he is making some really great progress. What a cute family you two have!! Please tell Evan I am thinking of him, and your family will be in my prayers. Sincerely, Wendi Hoskins (Barber)
Hey Evan (by way of Robyn)! This is L'aura from work. Just catching up on your status - sweet ride! Have you learned any tricks? ;-) But what's up with the teleprompter - getting ready to give a speach? (The little cardboard-looking thing on a tongue depresser looked like something the president would have. Go ahead, strike an Obama pose. Or you can do Bush if you want).
Glad to hear things are progressing and all the best to both of you and the kids.
That is awesome! I am soooo happy for him. I'm not surprised, but sooo happy. Keep up the good work. Robyn I am sorry we missed you when you were home. We miss and love you all.
Hey Evan, I'm glad to hear you're in good spirits and recuperating! You're a good guy my friend and blessed with a very caring wife. Accidents are never fun, but you'll be back stronger than ever. I have now joined the ranks of internship, so see ya when you're home buddy.
Wow!! I would expect nothing but the best from my sweet family (OK, so you're adopted, get over it!) LOL We have a family fight song, please adapt it to fit yours. Sleights, Sleights, we're the best, we feel sorry for the rest! Go-ooooo Sleights!!!! Yay!! Sing it whenever you are feeling down. It works, as hokey as it sounds. I love you guys more than you will ever know. You are in my heart, thoughts and prayers. Granny Jensen
Post a Comment