Well we do not have a swimming pool close by where Evan can watch the little girls play in the water so we used the fountains here on the grounds to let the girls play in the water. The big kids like it too. They all have had fun playing in the water and Evan around them watching them get wet. Things are going well and we will soon be on our way back home August is right around the corner. I think we are all ready including Evan to get back to some kind of normal life without all the Doctor and Nurses around.
Well hope is all well with all our friends loved ones and family. Thank you for all your support and prayers. Love you the Sleight Family
Picture will be coming soon the computer is not uploading them very well tonight so Part two of Hot Day to Play will be coming soon. Sorry about that.
The Day Life Changed
On March 29 2010 Evan was driving to work when his tire blew which pulled him to the right and caused his Explorer to roll. He was badly injured. He broke C-5 C-6 in his neck and is now parlayed from the neck down. If the UPS drive had not been behind Evan he would of not been found until morning because he rolled off the road far enough no one would of seen his Explorer. Our life for the Evan Sleight family has been changed forever and we are now learning how to take care of Evan. This blog is to show our ups and downs on our new journey.
And the journey also contiues with our family now that it has been two years almost three. We still have our ups and downs just like all families do.
And the journey also contiues with our family now that it has been two years almost three. We still have our ups and downs just like all families do.
Evan's Explorer
The day life changed.
3-29-2010
Evan in ICU in Utah
Student Driver
Evan on the bridge at Craig Hospital
3 comments:
Evan, you are an inspiration to us all. I was talking to Cherika Campbell and Joyce Orr yesterday and they asked about you. I sent them this link.
I felt bad that I haven't checked up on you recently. Looks like you are pushing forward fervently.
We're all looking forward to seeing you again. Take care!
Looks like you are moving full steam ahead. You are an inspiration to us all. Cherika and Joyce from HQ asked about you yesterday. I sent them the link to your blog.
We are looking forward to your triumphant return. Again, if you guys need anything, let me know.
Evan I can't wait to see you man! I hope the trip home is very uneventful. Let us know when you're back in town so we can see you. All our love.
Shawn & Family
Post a Comment