Well this is a device that allows Evan to stand up. This was his first time standing up since the accident. We had to go slow so his blood pressure would not drop to low because he has not stood up for so long he did not make it to a full upright standing. Evan is loving being able to do new things now the bed sore had completely healed up. He is now able to stay in his chair as tolerated and is loving being able to work with his computer.
As new things a rise for Evan they change his rehab. He is also working on a bike where they strap his legs into some petals and put electrodes on his legs which causes electrical impulses to the muscles which helps to work the bike. He loves this too because he can see his legs moving which he has not done since the 29th of March. He does bikes three times a week and loves every minute of it. He gets to stand twice a week as he gets better and can make it to full upright he will start to enjoy this also.
We have had a busy few weeks sorry it has taken so long to post. Thank you again for all the support, love and prayers coming our way. We love you all Robyn and Evan
3 comments:
I am so glad he can finally stand up, even if it's with some help. Ah the things we take for granted.
You guys amaze me, you always seem so positive and are handling this with so much grace, I really admire you all!
You all are always in my thoughts and prayers. Love and hugs!!
Tracy
Evan! Hey Bud, how are things? You look awesome!!! I just wanted you to know that I think about and pray for you often. I am excited to see your progress and admire the strenth of you and your family!! Is there anything that I can do here on this end to help? I as well as everyone else am anticipating your return home!!! You are an inspiration to so many!!!! I hope that with your strength and courage, that as a team, we can all realize that there is nothing to get in our way!!!
God Bless you and your family!
Greg Naylor
Evan amazes me, you always seem so positive.WE think about and pray for you often. we are so admire the strength of you and your family!!
Love all of you the Westover's
Post a Comment